Not attacking Google with this, who knows maybe people will tries and like em. Didn’t seem to be a bunch of hype for these those. So there is a good reason why they flopped
So I will mention these experiments and show you how to get there.
Orkut to compete with myspace when facebook looked like a flop.
Knol was to (in theory) compete with wikipedia. Maybe they should stick to attacking companies that make an income.
Bloggerto compete with wordpress, again, they do better when they attack groups that are profit only.
Sites build your own website with a website builder. Tons of other services that allow better tools and tons of storage and much more code. but some people still use the sites.
And a few great idea by google that you never hear about and that really need more focus.
- FinanceBusiness info, news and interactive charts
- NewsSearch thousands of news stories
- Patent SearchSearch the full text of US Patents
- RealtimeNew!Get live updates from popular social sites, news sources, and blogs
- ScholarSearch scholarly papers
- VoiceNew!One number for all your phones, online voicemail and cheap calling
- TranslateView web pages in other languages
- TalkIM and call your friends through your computer
- CheckoutComplete online purchases more quickly and securely
Google has started many projects and they have taken them quite a distance. Someday all of that is going to come together and make something useful. No telling how long that might be.
Google, their biggest failure is the biggest blessing. Everyone likes Google because the main page is blank. just a search bar. So they can’t clutter it up with “hey look at all of our crap” so… there are billions of potential users who will never know.
Comments are closed.