PC Protection – My Fresh Install Rules
1. first thing is go into control panel and into Administrative Tools and then Services and then scroll down to messenger and turn it off.(also telnet if I think I will not be using it)
4. Check router firewall and dmz settings.
5. get ad-aware . it’s pretty much the same as a-squared but finds other stuff .
6.get spybot search and destroy, similar to adaware and a-squared.
7. install firefox and use that instead of explorer
8.install thunderbird and use that instead of outlook
9. save an online virus scanner to favorites
10. practice safe surfing (no clicking links in email… ever, pay attention to site names when using search engine, do not install any addons that come with freeware, never reply to any email that says ” you stuff is in jeopardy”, call business’s for verification to any emergency emails,never give out passwords to anyone on the net or in real life)
What you do is what you have to live with. asking people for advice is a safe bet… Some times..?
have fun good luck
TruXterTech.Com/News Short Tech News